Friday 27 April 2012

Is Fear Controlling Your Life?


“I couldn’t possibly do that, what would people think?”  “What happens if I step out in faith and things don’t work out the way I expect?”  “I’m not happy in this relationship but if I leave, I may end up being on my own forever.”  “Whenever I share an opinion I feel nervous and judged.”   What do all these scenarios have in common?  A little word ‘Fear’.  Fear is False Evidence Appearing Real.  In other words, when we’re afraid our imagination can trick us into believing things that are not true.  We ask “What if....?”  rather than “Why not....?”  and “Can I....?”  rather than saying “I can....”

Feeling fear is part of being human.  Whenever you step out of your comfort zone to try something new, you will probably feel some anxiety and uncertainty.  However, to experience success, you need to learn how to manage the fearful feelings in order to achieve your goals.  Don’t let fear stop you from being all you can be and achieving all that you would like to achieve.  As Joyce Meyer would say “Do it Afraid!”

If you need support in dealing with some difficult or challenging situations that are causing you anxiety and distress, please contact Marina Dyson at Counsel@CrossCulture.


________________________________________________
 Marina Dyson, General Counsellor
Associate of CCAA, Adv Dip Christian Counselling & Family Therapy
T. 0402 345 039; E. marina@counselcc.net.au

Marina Dyson works with individuals and couples experiencing grief and loss, depression, anxiety, marriage and relationship
difficulties and those seeking career guidance or general support during life transitions.  Marina also speaks Italian.

General Counselling begins at $5 per hour for full-time students and up to $50 max for those who work full-time.



Appointments may also be made online at: http://appointment.counselcc.net.au.


Photo: Ambro, freedigitalimages.net

No comments:

Post a Comment